I played with that also.  Thank you.

On 8/5/2014 1:32 AM, jorge wrote:
Hi:

        It would be about the amount memory assigned in Calc (Menu: Tools->
Options -> Memory)

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

El lun, 04-08-2014 a las 22:25 -0500, Gregory Forster escribió:
Hi,

      I haven't been on this users group for over two years, primarily
because everything worked great, until now.  I have an inconsistent and
not often issue with Calc.  Well, it's more annoying than anything else,
because I can easily correct it, but it shouldn't be.  Calc does weird
things now and then.  I was creating an elaborate spreadsheet file
consisting of 13 worksheets to record my wife's and mine different Roth
and Traditional IRAs vested in Mutual Funds.  Each worksheet shows the
DATE, transaction DESCRIPTION, DEBIT, CREDIT, share PRICE, SHAREs
obtained, share BALANCE, $ AMOUNT (share PRICE * share BALANCE),
percentage of gain or loss both yearly and per investment, all in
separate columns.  Sometimes, I complete a calculation in a cell, and
press the Enter or Down Arrow key.  My calculation will disappear and a
;6 will appear in the cell. Or I may randomly highlight a cell to check
a formula, then when I press a directional arrow, my calculation will
disappear and a : will reside in that cell.  Sometimes, I'll just move
an arrow key, or the mouse to move from one cell to another and wherever
I move will highlight as if I was holding down the Shift key.

      As I said, these issues are very inconsistent.  They may not happen
for days, then after a few days, they may happen several times, then
intermittent, or not at all.  This all started in early July.  I ran
anti-malware scanners, anti-virus scanners, cleaned the registry, and
defragged.  I changed different versions of LibreOffice (vs 4). I have
LO 4.3.0, 4.2.5, 4.2.2, 4.1.4, 4.1.3, 4.1.2, and 4.0.3 (which I am
currently using).  I still had the same issues with whichever version used.

      I discussed the issues and history with another tech and he
reasoned (the same as I) that LO was having memory conflict issues with
one or more simultaneous running programs.  I have installed some new
software, some with start up files.  Those software programs were not
really all that important, so I deleted them, the registry entries, and
any start up files.  However, the IRA spreadsheet file is all done, and
I don't know if I'll still have those issue until I start another
spreadsheet project.

      This is all done on an HP Probook 440 G1 14" notebook with a Jan
2014 UEFI, an Intel dual core I3 2.4Ghz Haswell, 4GB DDR3L, and Windows
7 64 bit home premium purchased late last March.

      My questions are: Has anyone else experienced the same?  Does my
reasoning sound feasible? Any ideas?

Greg

---

---