Hi Tom,

In relation to the H2 database you said -
I   get the impression that H2 is also a small, fast one but could easily
be wrong.

All of my H2 databases would be classified as small, but a couple of years
ago an H2 user posted on the Users Group that inserts to his data base
slowed down significantly after it got to the 1 billion record mark!  See -
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/h2-database/billion/h2-database/tB6QP8MeDj8/6tyTZ4s5kf0J

​You will notice from the thread that he got several responses on how to
overcome his problem​ and these enabled him to improve the response he was
getting.

So I think H2 should be included in the list of heavy duty databases.  But
I must admit that it will probably be quite a while before I need a table
with 1 billion rows in it!

Noel

--
Noel Lodge