Also, although I could be wrong here, and others should feel free to
correct me, but if I understand the situation correctly, LibreOffice is
focused on adding features to the product. This means that although
there is of course also a focus on fixing as many bugs as possible, the
drive for new features will trump the drive to iron out as many bugs as
possible.

That's not a bad thing. It's just that LibreOffice has the goal of
adding features at the moment (and this may well change in the future,
of course) in order to make LO as complete as possible.

If you are more interested in stability and lack of bugs, OpenOffice is
a better choice, as I understand they are more focused on bug hunting
and not so much on new features. OpenOffice and LibreOffice both come
from the same source code, but split into two parallel development
branches, each with a slightly different focus. That is one of the
potential benefits with open source; neither one is doing the wrong
thing, just different things, and we the end user get to decide which
one works best for us.

Again, please note that this is just how I understand the current
situation, others more in the know can comment further.

Paul

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 07:23:52 -0700 (PDT)