Le 23/05/2014 11:11, Bala subramanian a écrit :

Errm, actually, now I think about it, isn't this normal behaviour ?

What I mean is that you've inserted a Calc document into a Writer
document which you then save as DOC Word97.

Firstly, the DOC Word97 filter is designed to export to that format
(give or take a few bugs), but that doesn't mean it supports OLE from an
object that does not form part of the Word 97 format.

Second, how would a Word document know anything about a Calc OLE object
(or its Linux equivalent) ? If you save your Writer document as Writer
ODT, instead of DOC Word 97, does the ODT document open correctly on the
Mac and display the inserted Calc spreadsheet ?

As I don't tend to embed certain types of document in other types of
documents, I'm not really sure what is, and what isn't supposed to work
anyway, much less be interoperable between different OSes that don't
have the same mechanisms for object linked embedding.

Alex