Bala subramanian wrote:
Friends,
I am using the Libre office 4.2.4 version on a linux machine with Unbuntu
12.10.

I have .odt file where i copied a table from libreoffice Calc. Then i saved
the file in .doc file.

Opening the .doc file in macbook does not show the tables. Is there any way
to resolve this issue.

If you've simply copied from Calc and pasted in Writer, you've probably ended up with a Calc object embedded in a Writer document. If (in Writer) you double-click on the pasted table, do you get the row and column headings around it, and sheet tabs below? If so, that's a Calc object opening within the Writer document.

When you save that in .doc format, you probably end up with a Calc object embedded in a Word document - which would need something on the macbook capable of opening, displaying and editing that Calc object.

A couple of potential solutions:

1. Copy from Calc as usual, but in Writer try the options given by Edit > Paste Special. "Formatted text" or "HTML" paste as a Writer table rather than an embedded spreadsheet, and may be sufficient.

2. If you actually need a spreadsheet object embedded in the text document (rather than just inserting a table), look under Tools > Options > Load/Save > Microsoft Office. Tick the [S]ave box next to "Excel to LibreOffice Calc or reverse" before saving as .doc. I think that makes it convert the embedded Calc object to an Excel object when saving the text document in Microsoft (.doc) format. I don't tend to embed spreadsheets in text documents and transfer to Microsoft formats, so not entirely certain that'll work, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't you can always change the settings back to what they were. If it does work, and you do this kind of thing a lot, you might want to tick all those boxes ([L]oad and [S]ave for all object types). I'd suggest keeping the original in ODF format though, and just saving a copy as .doc when you need to share it, just in case something goes wrong with the conversion.

Hope that helps.

Mark.