The way this list is set up seems to be considered the "correct" way, e.g.:
  https://www.google.com/search?q=%22reply+to+list%22
  http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html
Lists set up for "reply" to go to the list make it very difficult if you need to reply individually to the sender for any reason. It's also unexpected behaviour for the "private" reply button to send a public reply.

This list sets List-Post and other headers (for which the spec is about 16 years old), so the "Reply to List" feature of many email clients works correctly.

This way, people can easily choose who their reply goes to - individual (Reply), list (Reply to List) or both (Reply to All).

I do occasionally get caught out by it as well, since this is different from other (misconfigured) mailing lists. It would be less confusing if those other lists got this right, but just because they get it wrong doesn't mean this one should follow!

But we digress...

Mark.

Kevin O'Brien wrote:
Intended, no doubt, but still wrong.