On 04/10/2014 11:53 AM, CVAlkan wrote:
Re: "Also I use CUPS-PDF for my default printer, so I can print pages from a
browser and skip those pages I do not want/need to print."

I hadn't thought of that, but coincidentally I just opened a new ink
cartridge from HP and found a promotion for something they call "Smart
Print," a (seems to be) free downloadable app to do just that (pick and
choose what elements of a web page are printed). Unfortunately, as is fairly
common, there is no Linux version. I wrote to them, of course, suggesting
that their HP-LIP folks might take a look at it to see if they could do a
Unix version.

Check with the UK sites. Canon, and others, do not support Linux printer drivers in the US web site but has the needed packages/drivers in their UK sites. That is how I get my Canon Printer drivers.

It would be nice to have the HPLIP drivers include all of the options as the Windows drivers do, but that is just wishful thinking. Until there is a larger market of Linux users, it might never happen. I think that it would be good to have better Android printing options to you networked printers. They mostly use a Windows "print server" app running in the background on your Win7 or 8.x systems. I might be nice to print directly from the Android devices with wifi connections to your network and the network connected printers.

Right now, LO does not deal with web browsing, so having an add on to print specific "paper" page sheets of a web site printout, might not be something the developers would need in an Office suite.

Using CUPS-PDF for Linux and doPDF for Windows works fine for that type of job.

What LO might do is make PDF editing a little better within Draw. Or one day make a good PDF to .odt converter add on.

As for HP ink, well I use the ink tank technology ink cartridges instead of the ink and print head in one cartridge technology. Then I use non-OEM ink that is a forth to a half the price of the OEM ink. For Canon printers I get 3 or 4 sets of XL ink for the price of Canon's "standard" OEM ink cartridges, more with the OEM XL ink pricing. About the same with the HP ink I use. Same with the HP non-OEM laser printer toner.

For anyone who might be willing to write a macro or add-in for LibreOffice,
the site www.hp.com/go/smartprint/offers gives an overview of what the app
does. If such an app could be made to work with web pages and possibly pdf
files, I suspect it might be a pretty popular download ...