Il 03/04/2014 18:24, James E Lang ha scritto:
I'm not sure my first response was received.

CAUTION: As I understand what MS has done, the code has NOT been released to the Public Domain.
Viewing it could pollute products of the Open Source Software movement.
Software

Judging from the following two points, among the first ones presented in
the licence agreement one lands on when clicking on the link in the
article, I reckon the source code basically stays "secret", or at least
is light-years away from "free" as in FLOSS:

* You may not distribute or publish the software or Derivative Works.
* You may publish and present papers or articles on the results of your
research, and while distribution of all or substantial portions of the
software is not permitted, you may include in any such publication or
presentation an excerpt of up to fifty (50) lines of code for
illustration purposes.

Given such a restrictive licence, they could as well have published
substantial parts of Windows 95 or Word of that era with some confidence...