Thanks Brad,

I follow that, but that doesn't seem to be what the OP was saying.

Peter West

...for he had healed many, and all who had diseases pressed upon him, to touch him.

On 25 Jan 2014, at 9:53 pm, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 09:27:33 +1000
Peter West <lists@pbw.id.au> wrote:

Hello Peter,

I can't see what you mean about having to squeeze an extra row
(column?) onto the page. You have the same number of columsn whether
you start at 31 or 1.

Consider a 31 day month starting on Friday.  It will end up looking like
this;

Sunday,  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
                                               1       2
3       4        5        6          7         8       9
10      11       12       13         14        15      16
17      18       19       20         21        22      23
24      25       26       37         28        29      30
31

Note that this takes six rows for the dates, but if the 31 is added at
the top row, you only need five rows;

Sunday,  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
31                                              1       2
3       4        5        6          7         8       9
10      11       12       13         14        15      16
17      18       19       20         21        22      23
24      25       26       37         28        29      30

This increases the space available to users to write info, appointments
etc. in each day, assuming each row is expanded slightly to fill the
page.  Admittedly, this might be of limited usefulness for a
spreadsheet, but if the data gets printed to a sheet of paper, the extra
space for each day's box often proves useful.

It seems to me that the OP was worried about the layout unnecessarily,
as the sheet's design must have taken the date ordering into account for
performing any calculations.

Of course, given that the original post was in a language I don't read,
I may have missed some of the subtleties of that post as a result of
working only from Tom's translation.

--
Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually