Well, I *think* the issue is with using the functions on a range that
is across worksheets. I don't think you can do that, but then again, I
don't think you can do this in MSO either, but you seem to think that
MSO can do this, so my assumption appears to be wrong, and as such
might be wrong for LO too.

You are right that builtin functions would be the nicest solution.
Given that this is for printing, I would normally recommend a user
function because I would assume that the builtin functions cannot do
cross-worksheet ranges. As to extra cells, extra columns can be created
and then hidden, such that they won't print, or extra worksheets that
won't be printed can be used for the intermediate calculations, so this
might get you around the issue.

I will look into this further, but it's bedtime now :) (Actually 5 am
already... *groan*), so I'm going to leave this until tomorrow, and if
none of the brighter minds have solved this by then, I'll have another
attempt.

Paul

PS. Are you *sure* MSO can do cross worksheet ranges in functions like
this?

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 21:38:23 -0500