On 18/12/2013, Gabriel Risterucci <cleyfaye@gmail.com> wrote:

Master document are not only about sharing styles (in fact, I never saw
them in this light), it's about splitting your work in easily manageable
smaller files. I don't even know why having styles would concern having the
possibility to create a master document.
When you're working on a reasonnably large project, it's simply easier to
split it. For example, having each chapter in it's own file, instead of
Ahem, still don't get why you're mixing the presence of styles and master
document. The only link I can think of is that a master document's style
override the sub-documents, but even then... maybe you can clarify what you
meant?

Found a list of files in a directory, each file was quite small is
size. That's what started to think whether a master document is
appropriate or not. If styles are extensive in each of the small
files, importing them into a new file would be expected to retain
styles and therefore make navigation via 'navigator' to be more
convenient than opening multiple individual files