Hi :)
Does it have to be in an editable format?

If NOT then maybe use Impress to save into some more reliable format
that doesn't change around from one version of MS Office to the next.
Some people have even suggested using .Pdf format but i think that
kinda scuppers the reason for having it as a slide-show.  Perhaps as a
YouTube format?  Perhaps as a Flash Player format?  Other people have
suggested using straight movie formats such as the ageing .avi or
newer .mkv.  For a Flash Player try
File - Export
and scroll down until you see "Macromedia Flash".  With that sort of
idea you might be able to embed the presentation within a web-page and
choose the size of the display.  Then save the web-pages onto the DVD.
 Let the web-browsers do the work!

If it DOES have to be editable then pps is probably the best format
but even so it relies on MS Office being consistent from one machine
to the next and we know that it isn't.  Perhaps find out which
versions of MS Office the pps does work well on and then write that in
the blurb on the DVDs cover.  Such covers often demand that people
upgrade to the latest versions of Windows and MS Office in order to be
able to play the DVD and they make no apology for not working on all
versions.

OTH!  Can you squeeze LibreOffice installers onto the DVD?  One for
Mac and one for Windows would do the trick.  No need to worry about
any for Gnu&Linux!

Note that when PDFs first started being used they would often be
accompanied by a button linking to the Adobe downloads site and hardly
anyone made a fuss about that.  They just installed it or grumbled to
the their IT Department about not being able to open such a basic
format.

Regards from
Tom :)