This is a follow-up to a question I asked in August. I'm still struggling with trying to create something that can be used in other systems. Here's what I've done:

1. Created a slide show in Impress. Slides auto-advance after 5 seconds, and transitions are used to play appropriate music files. Previous tests by myself and others on this list have shown that the links to the audio files follow relative rather than absolute paths.

2. Saved as .pps file. Copied presentation and audio file directory -- pathing kept intact -- to thumb drive.

3. Open .pps file on another computer that doesn't have LibreOffice installed. Slide show runs, music does not play. Confirmed music files are present.

4. Rename original audio file directory on my hard drive for testing. Run slide show from thumb drive on my own computer. Opens in Impress, of course, and does not auto-run. Music plays properly.

This slide show is for distribution to others via DVD, and I'm really getting frustrated with it. I'd hate to think that the hours I've spent on it have been wasted and that I have to start over with another application. But I can't assume anything about the software anyone else has, and just about everyone has the ability to view a .pps file regardless of their OS (I can be pretty sure, but not 100% positive, that everyone on my distribution list is using either Windows or Mac machines). Can anyone see anything I've overlooked?

Dave