On 2013-11-08 5:28 PM, Pedro <pedlino@gmail.com> wrote:
I know and I agree, Miguel. I just don't agree with the logic "don't ask for
a 64bit version because it's very time consuming and expensive and you don't
need it anyway".

Why do Linux and Mac people need it more than Windows people?

They don't. If you had bothered to actually read the responses in this thread, you would understand that compiling 64bit versions on Linux is *trivial*, and on OSX *much* easier than on Windows.

The reason there is none is because it is *hard* to do - *very* hard - and because the benefit is so little, it isn't a high priority.

Yes, you are within your rights to *ask* for it... but when you start demanding someone else do the heavy lifting for FREE, you begin to sound like little children banging on the table that 'I want what I want when I want it!'...

Do they work with files larger than 4Gb? Isn't the cost per developer
hour the same? If there is no advantage why do developers bother at
all?

READ THE DAMNED RESPONSES AND STOP WASTING EVERYONES TIME