Hola Miguel Ángel, all

mariosv wrote
So that's not my logic.

Yes, I understood your position. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear.

mariosv wrote
My perception of reading here and there, it is not only compile with a 64
bits tool matter, but a large code adaptation. I think in some
applications like spreadsheets could be much more appreciated the parallel
calculation with several cores.

Maybe someone with experience in Linux can bring a bit of light about if
there is an appreciable difference between 32 versus 64 bits.

I have no doubt that parallel calculation with several cores and any other
optimization as those being added by Kohei are much more important.

I was simply replying to people in this thread that said there was no point
in having a 64bit build because the only benefit is for files larger than
4Gb.

If there is no benefit why are the LO Devs "wasting" their time creating a
64bit Mac version?

And why did they create a 64bit version for Linux? Just because it is so
easy?

Reagrds,
Pedro