On 11/05/2013 05:15 PM, jonathon wrote:
n 11/05/2013 02:01 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

Can I just add these lines to that file?

<draw:color draw:name="Gold 1 " draw:color="#FFD700"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Gold 2 " draw:color="#EEC900"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Gold 3 " draw:color="#CDAD00"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Gold 4 " draw:color="#8B7500"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod " draw:color="#DAA520"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 1 " draw:color="#FFC125"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 2 " draw:color="#EEB422"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 3 " draw:color="#CD9B1D"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Goldenrod 4 " draw:color="#8B6914"/>
Yes.

I have a list of many, many color names and their associated colors.
What would happen if I added 50 or even 100 new colors to the color table?
My recommendation is to keep the number of colours under 5,000.  Whilst
LibreOffice will load when the colour palette contains every colour
betωeen 000000 and FFFFFF, system performance is the absolute pits.

So is there any reason why someone could change the "standard.soc" color
list to include twice the colors, or even three times the current list?
No.

Are there any issues involved?
The biggest issue to watch for, is that the format is precisely
cause all sorts of problems.

The second issue is that one or two previous versions of LibO and AOO)
have either cut the palette off, or replaced with the one that it ships
with.   When taht happens, you need to play with the data in the first
line of the file, and figure what your soc has, that the default does
not have, and what the default, that is not in your soc.

Can a user like me add all of the "known" color names and their
 associated colors to the file and not have any issues pop up when
 displaying the color choices?

When somebody else edits the ODF file, if they don't have the some
colour palette installed, the colour is listed as "user".

jonathon

Would someone like to have a copy of all of the colors that I have
listed in my color chart page[s]?

I could work on creating a "standard.soc" file that contains all of
these colors.  I have just over 500 color names and hex codes, though
100 are levels of gray.

If someone would like a text file list of these colors, I can send them
a copy.

I may, when I have a bit of time, create an standard.soc file with all
of these colors listed as a replacement for the original one that LO has.

I could also add any color name/code that LO uses, like LO Green2, or LO
Blue2, etc., that are used in the documentation or on the web pages.

But, if there are people who want such a list, then I will place it
higher on my to-do list.