On 11/05/2013 12:29 AM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

Well, if I knew were the color listing is stored,

For Linux, the path is ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config

Libreoffice defaults to using standard.soc, but there are extensions
which enable one to switch to a different pallet.

i.e. the user defined colors, I would see about making a file or
something that would have all
 of the colors that are listed on my linked PDF file.

The basic structure of the colour palette file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<office:color-table xmlns:office="http://openoffice.org/2000/office";
xmlns:style="http://openoffice.org/2000/style";
xmlns:text="http://openoffice.org/2000/text";
xmlns:table="http://openoffice.org/2000/table";
xmlns:draw="http://openoffice.org/2000/drawing";
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
xmlns:meta="http://openoffice.org/2000/meta";
xmlns:number="http://openoffice.org/2000/datastyle";
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
xmlns:chart="http://openoffice.org/2000/chart";
xmlns:dr3d="http://openoffice.org/2000/dr3d";
xmlns:math="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";
xmlns:form="http://openoffice.org/2000/form";
xmlns:script="http://openoffice.org/2000/script";>

<!-- Eveything in the above   angled brackets has to be included at the
begining of the file. -->
<!-- comments in brackets like one -->

<!-- the following line is an example of what the data for the colour
palette would look like.  Instead of «name = "#FF0000 Red"» line, the
usual practice is to use «name = "Red"» -->

<draw:color draw:color="#FF0000" draw:name="#FF0000 Red" />

<!-- eveything in the following angled brackets has to be the last line
of the palette file -->

</ooo:color-table>

So if someone could take this list of color names and color hex codes and add them to the "color
table" or make a second table of colors for us to use.

I can understand the reluctance to install the colour palette described
at
http://libreoffice-environment.blogspot.com/2011/11/ultimate-colour-palette-for-libreoffice.html

Extension such as
* http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/rgb (AOO);
* http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/ooes-palette (AOO);
*
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/escala-de-colores-colors-scale
(AOO);
*
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/zwahlendesign-color-palettes
(AOO);
*
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/parabolic-colour-palette
(LibO);
* http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/writer-copy-color
(LibO);
should make it easier for those who don't want to spend the time
creating their own colour palette.

So, is there a way to change the "Table : standard" to "Table : user defined" or a way to import
a set of color names and RGB code?

I don't remember what the name of the extension that enabled the user to
select which .soc file to us, within Write, and Draw.  (I don't
rememkber if it also worked for Impress and Calc, but I'd like to assume
that it did so.)  :(

I ask this, since I had a number of user defined colors that I typed in
 a number of months ago and none of them were saved from the 3.6.5[?]

When one updates AOo or LibO, the existing standard.soc is overwritten.
This means that the custom colours get deleted.

this week, will I have to retype them in when I finally go to 4.1.4 or .5?

I'd suggest saving the user/config file to your backup directory, then
after installing the upgrade, copy it back, overwriting existing files.

YES, having a color wheel would be nice for a color picker,

Back before OOo 1.0 was released, there were requests for a colour
picker to be included. For various reasons, that RFE has never been
implemented.

those that have defined text colors, like our official brochure's defined green text color,

Doesn't the current colour palette include "Libreoffice Green 1" through
"LibreOffice Green 4", etc., and the rest of the official LibreOffice
colour palette?

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English