On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:32:40 +0200
"Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@conacher.co.za> wrote:

appreciated especially as he also indicates that using VLOOKUP would
not work, in this case. MIN and MAX are still under testing here :)
Brian indicated that VLOOKUP would work; I don't say different, I'm
just not sure how in this situation. I'm not that familiar with VLOOKUP
though, so it may not be that difficult, but it seems like it would
still be complicated. I still feel that the best approach is to
put columns for intermediate steps; VLOOKUP might make more sense after
that.

I am however still waiting for someone to indicate to me which part
of the formula in the Formula Wizard the boxes apply i.e. what is the
difference between the 'Result' and 'Function Result' answer box.
The "Result" box shows the result of the complete formula for the cell,
while the "Function Result" box shows the result of just the function
currently under the cursor. For example, let's say you have typed
"=SQRT(SUM(A1:A2))", and A1 was 4 and A2 was 5. If you put your cursor
on "SQRT", both boxes would hold the answer 3, as that is both the
final result of the formula, and the result of "SQRT(9)". If, however,
you put your cursor on "SUM", then the "Result" box would still show 3,
as that is still the result of the complete formula, but the "Function
Result" box would now hold 9, as that is the result of "SUM(A1:A2)".

Paul