Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2013 Archives by date, by thread · List index

I cannot go with 4.1.2 line due to the font drop-down list error.  So
until that line fixes the issue [told it was already in the bug list], I
cannot use it for Ubuntu.

Late this month 4.0.6 come out.  I will run that till I find that 4.1.x
works on my test Ubuntu system.  Hopefully 4.1.4 will have the issue
fixed [December '13]  4.1.3 come out about the time 4.0.6 does.

As for the original post,
well I have 4.0.4 running at this point.  I downloaded the Windows
Installer 4.5 and still 4.0.5 was causing the error.  But, 4.0.4 would
install.  I will wait for 4.0.6 and then try that one on the Win XP
Professional with SP3 [32-bit].  Actually it is a dual booting system at
this point.  Originally it was an Ubuntu system, but when I replaced the
bad drive, I decided that I should install XP, since that was what it
came with, before the previous owner installed 64-bit XP [really bad
idea].  I will use this system for a backup Ubuntu desktop and a
Windows-only hardware system [I have some internal and USB hardware that
are Windows-only].  Later in its life it will have Win7 64-bit and
Ubuntu 64-bit installed, since it is a 64-bit dual core Pentium-D system.

On 10/15/2013 11:25 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
The 4.1.x branch is getting really near to the number we generally
consider turns it into stable branch. 

It's the time i typically get stuck procrastinating.  Do i wait 'just
a few more days' or go ahead with the 4.0.5?  So, it's only the
machines i am most active on that ever get upgraded and all the rest
fall waaaay behind.  I could possibly still find a few that are still
back on 3.4.x.  One day i will do the whole lot in one go, but that
day is not today.  Perhaps with the 4.1.3 ;) 

Regards from
Tom :) 

On Tuesday, 15 October 2013, 13:06, Kracked_P_P---webmaster
<> wrote:
On 10/15/2013 07:31 AM, Pedro wrote:
Hi krackedpress

There shouldn't be any installer error under XP SP3. Installer
errors are
usually indicators of a corrupted installer. You should try to
download it
again from another mirror

If you don't have a particular reason to stick with the 4.0.x branch, I
would suggest version 4.1.2

Hope this helps ;)

I downloaded it from the "default mirror" for my New York State, USA

I will download it again later.  Right now I am installing 4.0.4.

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.