At 13:04 06/10/2013 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
This is really starting to infuriate me... Why, when working in an .ods spreadsheet, if I copy a number from a cell, and go to paste>special it into another cell, does it often (not every time, still can't pin it down) sometimes come up with the only option as 'Unformatted text' from 'Unknown source'?

One obvious possibility is that the copy action did not take place properly and that you are pasting previous clipboard contents, apparently from a different source. That would be easy, as the copy action gives no obvious feedback. Do you use a keyboard shortcut to copy? Does your keyboard need attention or replacement? Or do your fingers, er, ... ?

I have had this problem off and on when copy/pasting numbers between .csv files and .ods spreadsheets, but even then it isn't every time.

Do you have your .csv file open in LibreOffice - in which case it will have (default) formatting - or in a plain text editor - in which case it won't?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker