Ruth Ann wrote:
I have been using Lightening and Google both for a long time.
In the past, I have always just made separate entries in both
calendars - synchronized them manually so to speak.
So, I have always had a "Calendar" tab next to my email tab in
Thunderbird. Then last night, when I installed the Provider add-on, I
got a third tab that says "Google Calendar" and shows all the events
from my Google calendars.
It looks like it belongs there. Are you saying that I should just have
the one "calendar" tab?

Yes.  Installing Lightning enables the calendar tab.  After installing
the provider, I was then able to add the Google calendars to that tab.
So, when I look at Thunderbird, I see a tab for email and one for
calendar.  When I go to the calendar tab, I see the 2 Google calenars I
use listed on the left side, below the month calendar.  I can add as
many different calendars as I wan't, including a local one there.  To
create a new calendar, I just right click in the area at the left and
select new calendar and I go from there.