I deleted my local calander in the end, I didn't want a calander that I could only use in front of the PC and I kept making the mistake of putting appointments in the local calander I could not see during the day. As Jame says, your phone syncs with google calander, I have stuck with Samsungs preloaded S Planner that syncs fine. My Apple calander thing on my macbook syncs fine and thunderbird on Win/Lin syncs fine. Appointment reminders come up everywhere.
Steve