I would think at the first boot/install the OS would ask where it is to
set language, keyboard, and time correctly. All will vary based on
geography. For example, while Canadian time zones mirror US time zones I
believe Canadian correct spelling is UK not US. I think most English
speaking countries officially follow UK spelling and usage rather than
US.