In data sabato 24 agosto 2013 21:40:14, Doug ha scritto:
On 08/24/2013 06:22 PM, Jay Ridgley wrote:
To those who responded,

I guess the bottom line is that currently LibreOfffice does not and will
not without a LOT of work support mobile devices.

I am not a mobile user, so I have no frame of reference.  It does appear
that this feature (mobility) will be required at some future point,
however.

Thanks,
Jay

What kind of masochist would wish to do any serious writing--the kind
that would require a word-processor--on a mobile phone, or a
touch-screen tablet?  Get real!

Well, maybe not in a phone, but a 10" tablet is suitable enough to work with
office stuff.

Maybe the important point is to re-think the way the commands have to be
available to the user, fine-tuned for touch screens: drag&drop, automatic
context menu and so on.

For example, a simply way could be a setup wizard (always available) to
customized the various context menus resulting by the context.

Ciao
--
Valter
Open Source is better!