2013/8/24 Tom <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi :)
Is there a different program that can edit ODFs on iPads and such?

I guess the obvious one is Google Docs which i think is now part of Google
Drive.  Are there others?

Also is the reason there isn't an iOS version just down to needing someone
to do a "build" or "make" or "compile", or whatever, or is there a
technical
reason why LO won't work on iOS yet?

​My 2cent:

The framework used on "regular" systems (like gtk) are completely different
than the one used on mobile devices, both iOS and Android. Although some
framework tries to reduce the gap (I'm thin​​king about Qt), last time I
checked LO sources it was not designed this way.

It's not a matter of "just" rebuilding, it would need a lot of work, first
redesigning the UI to work with mobile device (both having something
adapted to touch interface AND built using framework for mobile OS), and
moving the codebase (or rewriting from scratch) for objective C (the
language used for the iOS SDK).

Even funnier, an Android port would be easier to do if LO was still in Java
(insert laughters here :) )

tl;dr: having an iOS version of Libreoffice pretty much mean redoing
everything (in my opinion)

Of course, this doesn't answer the question of app available today for
editing ODF files on mobile devices in general... seeing that even google
drive (at least on Android) feels clunky, I would advise against doing real
work on tablets...