2013/8/21 Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi :)
Yes, that was exactly what i was talking about.

In your example if we then changed the style called "default" from
Liberation to Arial then the change would cascade through "text-body" and
any other styles that were linked in that way.  Changing from 12pt to 11pt
would also ripple through, cascade through.  Linked headings would now be
Arial and slightly smaller, perhaps dropping from 16pt to 14pt or from 48pt
to 36pt or something like that.  I think.  it might be just that they keep
the same font-size but might have only changed from Liberation to Arial.

Many styles are linked by default. I think all the ones about numbered or
un-numbered lists, and stuff like that is all linked to the text-bod or
default (or one through the other).  I just don't know which ones are
affected by which but so far haven't noticed anything unpleasant going on
so it's obviously been done in a way that i would want it done.

About linked styles, remember that among the display options, ​​beside
"display all" and "only used styles", there is the "hierarchical" option
that display exactly this kind of link between various styles :-)

It's also quite useful, because you can somewhat create styles
"categories", like all the "Title 1", "Title 2"... ones are under the
single "Title" style. It's easier to find it this way (in my opinion).