Hi :)
Oops, no i meant the Doc format compatibility is kinda fixed now and can be gently improved on
without worrying about what MS are going to do to it.  The Doc is safe.

It's only DocX that is constantly changing to the point where being more compatible with one
version of MSO seems to mean being less compatible with another.  But even there, maybe it is
possible to be more compatible with all of them?  It's often a LibreOffice or OpenOffice users in
the office that helps people using different versions of MSO to arrive at something both of them
can read happily.

Rogier did get me worried for a moment that maybe Doc was not working quite as well as i hoped but
then i realised it's more likely to be some sort of user-error by one or more of his colleagues.  I
find i suffer from user error quite a bit myself so i can easily imagine how it happens.

I suspect that LO will keep supporting Doc long after MS drop it completely themselves and i don't
think that is likely to happen any time soon.

Regards from

Tom :)