I'm running LibreOffice Version 126.96.36.199 (Build ID:
0eaa50a932c8f2199a615e1eb30f7ac74279539) on Windows 7 64-bit. Files
are saved in native ods format.
I'm using a custom format code on a cell in Calc to get a value
displayed as a rate per hour.
This is the format code I want:
[$R-1C09] #,##0.00 " / hour";[$R-1C09]-#,##0.00 " / hour"
As it is, that code works fine. When I enter a value of 300, I can use
it in calculations, and it gets displayed as "R 300 / hour", just as I
The problem comes in when I close the file. Even if all I do is enter
the correct formula as above, then save and close the file, when I
re-open the file, the field now displays as "R 300.00 / hoRr". When I
go to the cell format, I see the format code has changed to:
[$R-1C09] #,##0.00" / hRRr";[$R-1C09]-#,##0.00" / hoRr"
This happens every time I close the file. When I re-open it, the
format has changed. This is not caused by the save, because once
edited, the formula stays correct for the duration of the session,
until I close the file.
It's not just that "hour" has changed to "hRRr" and "hoRr", but the
space between the "0.00" and the quote has gone (in fact, the quote
now has two spaces after it, instead of the one before I closed the
file). This space is very important. If I edit the formula as it is,
and just change the "hRRr" to "hour", the format code is removed. On
the previous version of LibreOffice I had (not sure which version
that was, though, either 3.5 or 3.6 something), it would have no
effect. After editing the format code, the value would still be
displayed wrong, and going back to the cell format, I would see that
the format code had reverted back to the wrong code. Only if I put a
space between the "0.00" and quote would the code retain the "hour".
Now, on this version of LibreOffice, if I don't put a space between
the "0.00" and the quote, if I just change the "hRRr" and "hoRr" to
"hour", the custom format code is entirely removed, and the format
reverts to a standard number. If I correct the format, it stays until
I close the file, and then once I re-open it, it has reverted to the
incorrect custom format code.
I have had this issue in several files, and can re-create it by
opening a new file, putting "300" in the first cell, going to "Format
| cells" choosing currency and putting ' " / hour"' after both
"0.00". This shows correctly. Then I save the file, close it, and
re-open it and it has mangled the custom format code.
Can anybody else confirm that they are also having this problem? Does
anybody know anything about this problem? Should I submit a bug for
this problem, and if so, where? At https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ or at
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/ ? I have tried searching
both the mailing list archive and the bugtracker for this problem, but
didn't turn up anything relevant.
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy