Hi :)
Gimp and Photoshop are about as complex as each other.  The interfaces are roughly similar to the
point where if you have used one you could probably work out what was going on in the other.  They
do have slightly different approaches which means people familiar with one often claim the other is
not as advanced or can't do such&such because they don't know how to do it.  It usually turns out
they both have the same capabilities.  Both have extra packages/add-ons and extra filters/effects
which you can buy/acquire/download.

Gimp tries to stay light so that it can work on really low-spec systems but it has a lot of stuff
you can add to it.  Photoshop possibly has more bloat by default.  [shrugs]
Regards from
Tom :)