Pedro-

On 03/13/2013 06:49 AM, Pedro wrote:
Hi Aaron

Fantastic! This is the true spirit of a User to User mailing list and of
Open Source software.
Thank you for sharing!

I think you have just revealed a bug in Impress: if you look at the PDF, you
will notice that in pages 8,9 and 23,24,25 there is an OLE icon in the
middle of the page.
This refers to the PDF files which should be embedded (or linked) but are
not.
In fact in my system (Windows XP SP3) clicking on those slides immediately
crashes LO (this is not a complain! I'm just trying to get this fixed in LO
;) )
The odd thing is that the links point to e.g.
xlink:href="../Jordan%20-%20LibreOffice%20-%20Standard%20Toolbar.pdf"
which should refer to a one level up folder
So you're saying that you downloaded the zip file and extracted it and opened the odp file and it crashed LibreOffice? I think I created the presentation in LibreOffice 3.5 (although I'm not positive) and last time I tried to extract the files and open the odp file it worked fine...
So, I'm curious: do the slides in those pages look the same in the ppt file
in your computer? Are the PDFs with the toolbar button descriptions in the
same folder? Can you test with the ODP and PDF files in another PC (i.e. not
the one you usually use to present this)?
I always assumed that this was a native feature to odp and would not work properly in ppt format. When I open the ppt version it does not work properly, and yes the pdf just shows the OLE icon because a pdf isn't dynamic enough to handle something like that.

You're right, I justed tried to open it in LibreOffice 4 and it doesn't crash but the embedded pdf's do not load either... I'll have to try it on another computer with an older version of LibreOffice but I assure you it worked before and I was even able to extract the zip and open it on multiple computers running similar versions of LibreOffice so it must be some sort of regression bug...
I'm not sure about this but I think the CC license included in the last
slide requires people to ask your permission if they choose not to give you
any credit :)
Actually I would suggest that you included the same CC license on the last
slide of the Introduction to Impress

This will not make people good but at least it will morally press them to be
fair :)
Honestly, I didn't even pay attention that the CC license was even there :). That was obviously put there by the LibreOffice guy who made the template and posted it to the LibreOffice Templates website...

So I guess if that means it needs to be attributed then that is fine, I just didn't want someone to alter it significantly and leave the parts in that says 'Jordan Catholic School' and 'Presented By Aaron Johnson' but really it's not even that big of a deal...