But, I concur about some features that worked on 3.6 but not on 4.0. The
most notable that I've found so far is that, in Writer, the F11 style list
no longer opens to the setting it was on when I last closed. Now, on my
computer (Win7), it always opens up to "Custom Styles," when I prefer it to
open to "Hierarchical." LO 3.6 saved my "Hierarchical" setting, but LO 4.0
does not.

I believe that this is known and is being investigated. With 20 million
lines of code, I hope everyone can imagine that regressions will happen and
we will do our very best to fix them as soon as possible.

As for the installing over 3.6 - not sure but in Linux this doesn't happen.
Others may have more feedback and it's feedback, cooperation and
contributions that help keep Open Source alive and vibrant.

Best,
Joel

--
*Joel Madero*