Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
<snip>
Although a lot of programs can now write Pdfs they seldom allow you to edit the text as freely as you would edit an Odt or Doc. They do sometimes allow you to crop and rotate pages and do some fairly rough work like that.
<snip>

In the last 6 months or so, I had the task of completing two PDF forms that organizations sent me to fill out. I decided to try the LO PDF import and use LO to fill out the forms. In both cases, PDF import created a Draw file of pages conforming to each page of the PDF file. With the first PDF form, I was not able to modify any text or objects in the form. It was if the original format was a picture. However, I was able to add text boxes over the "picture" and get the form filled out. With the second PDF form, I was not only able to add text boxes as before, but I was also able to edit the original form text! What was different between the two PDFs? I haven't a clue. So, it looks like PDF file editability in LO Draw depends on the particular PDF you are trying to edit.
Girvin Herr