Thanks for your hint.

That I don't find anything like "Annotate pdf" is frustrating. I copy 2 screen shot of the window that opens under
File/Export to pdf in my dropbox.
Could you please have a look at
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47733131/pdf_GeneralTab.gif
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47733131/pdf_UserInterface.gif
and tell which checkbox you meant or if there is not such a checkbox at all.