Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

On 10/10/2012 2:10 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
On 10/10/2012 01:13 AM, Carl von Bell wrote:
On 10/10/2012 12:06 AM, Jay Lozier wrote:
On 10/09/2012 09:02 AM, Carl von Bell wrote:

I got this really strange problem affecting Windows Explorer. I
noticed that it started happening after I installed a data managing
program called FieldWorks and started exporting interlinearized files
into LibreOffice .odt format from within that program. I store my
LibreOffice files that FieldWorks outputs in one folder (there are
other files there too). Sometimes several times in a row if I open
that folder in Windows Explorer then the Windows Explorer crashes and
I get the error below. Sometimes there is no way to get to the files,
except rebooting the system! Otherwise I cannot open the folder to get
to the files. :-(
The funny thing is that I do not even need to click on any of the .odt
files and still the Explorer crashes. And sometimes I can work for
hours and there is no problem.

Another person who also has the same setup, but Win 7, experience
similar things. It is very annoying.

Here is the error message I get. I am not sure if my friend gets exact
the same error but the behaviour is similar.

Windows Explorer has stopped working.
Windows can check online....
Check online ...
Restart the program

Then view problems details.

If you click the View problem details then do you see something like
Problem signature:
   Problem Event Name:    BEX64
   Application Name:    Explorer.EXE
   Application Version:    6.0.6002.18005
   Application Timestamp:    49e02a1e
   Fault Module Name:    MSVCR90.dll
   Fault Module Version:    9.0.30729.6161
   Fault Module Timestamp:    4dace4e7
   Exception Offset:    00000000000552d4
   Exception Code:    c0000417
   Exception Data:    0000000000000000
   OS Version:    6.0.6002.
   Locale ID:    1033
   Additional Information 1:    46e0
   Additional Information 2:    4ce498f1e2ebb3719af008d4ef97bedc
   Additional Information 3:    7d05
   Additional Information 4:    729ac305dabb24e28fbe99019ecbbab7

Read our privacy statement:

I know it is possible that it has nothing to do with LibreOffice at
all, but I need to try to start somewhere in resolving the possible
cause. So I wonder does the LibreOffice use the MSVCR90.dll file or
not? If it does, then is there something I could try to do so that
this would not happen again?

Wiindows Vista Pro 64Bit
LibreOffice 3.5.2

Thanks a lot,


According to this link
MSVCR90.dll is part of Visual Studio 2005. I doubt LO uses this library.
My guess is that you have corrupted file.
Thanks, Jay

I uninstalled all instances of Visual Studio and rebooted. But the
problem persists.

I searched the web for a solution, but did not find anything that helped.
This link>
is talking about the exact same problem, and they also use LibreOffice
on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I use Vista 64 bit and have the same
issue, as have my friend who just recently started using LibreOffice.
We never experienced this before installing LibreOffice.
The reply to the report in the link above suggests that it is a
LibreOffice problem. I tried the free program they suggested,
ShellExView, but it did not find the MSVCR90.dll.

We are trying to finish a project here where we rely on LibreOffice,
so it would be really good to be able to get this solved.



Try this link for more information:
It suggests reinstalling the vb runtime

Thanks, Jay

I read the web page you mentioned, and this is what I did. I searched for any Visual C++ packages installed on my Vista 64 bit system, and uninstalled them all, and rebooted. Then it seemed that the problem had gone away, but alas, after a while I exported from the FieldWorks program into LibreOffice, and saved the .odt file onto the Desktop. And there we go again, the same Windows Explorer crash with MSVCR90.dll as faulting came up again!

Ok, so I thought that I search for all instances of MSVCR90.dll on my system and found one instance left, this one:
The version was Version 9.021022.8

So, I deleted this one and my system was completely free of that .dll. But then I did again what I did above (Exporting to .odt) and the error came up again! Even without any MSVCR90.dll whatsoever on my system. Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll. The version is even the same, ie Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161

So it seems that at least some part of LibreOffice uses that same .dll, but the version was not the same as the error implies. So I do not know what could be the problem and whom to write to try to fix this. It is really annoying and also affecting more than one computer now. And we have this project that needs to be finished soon which uses both the programs (FLeX and LO).

So, if you have more good ideas, please let me know.

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.