Hi Dan,

The only language I'm aware of that has a difference between single
and double quotes is PHP, and that's only between what it does with
strings rather than whether it recognises them as strings or not.  I
expect there will be some, my preference is single to reduce screen
clutter.  I'm certainly not aware that SQL makes any distinction.
The query with single quotes, is producing the correct results (as
verified against a separate system).

I only do this run once every couple of months so I don't rememebr
the conversations, but I don't think mailmerge can use a view, can
it?

Yeah, I've seen what they've done to camelcase.  I've not seen any
camels with lower case heads... ;-)

I can't imagine that the Fedora repo has caused a problem either.

Regards
Mark