On 24/09/2012 at 14:31, Jay Lozier <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I can not think of a feature that I want see
implemented that is not already implemented.
1. I want to put chapter name in page header, but I want to limit too long
text, if it appears. At least two work-arounds exist, but they are far from
being plain and simple:
2. In template, I would like to create paragraph style assigned to list style
which will start at second (or another) list level. You must use tab manually:
3. In automatically generated Table of contents I want dots from chapter name
to page number. But I want some space between these dots, let's say 0.25cm.
I couldn't achieve that.
4. If you need exact control of footnotes + separator line + line margins
height on page basis (and I do), then you must create different page style for
each page with footnotes. If you document is longer than few pages this is
5. I would like to see generated content for character styles. This way I
could select text, assign "quote" character style and get quotation marks
before and after placed automatically. If I ever decide to use italic for
quotes, these marks should disappear. I should be able to do this from Styles
and formatting window.
6. I use italics for quotations. If I put quote in quote, then it should be
normal text instead of italics.
(5 and 6 are trivial in CSS.)
These are few ideas out of top of my head, just for Writer (which I use the
most). Perhaps there could be other things as well.
With improved table autoformat in 3.6 we finally have some kind of usable table
styles. With Zotero we can have sensible bibliography in documents. Right now
LibreOffice is better than ever, but there are still some features missing.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: MS raised prices so people will now start renting their office products instead (continued)
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy