Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

I would suggest using Notepad++ on Windows.

I already am, it's a lovely little editor and deserves to be much better

I would also suggest two experiments:
1. unzip ODT and zip it again. Then we will know if your zip-software is
cause here.

I've just tried that with both WinZip and 7-Zip and in both cases the result
was declared corrupt.


If I change the document extension from .odt to .zip, and OPEN the archine
in WinZip (but without unpacking it) I can then drop my modified content.xml
into the open archive, close it down, change the extension back to .odt and
all is then sweetness and light.

Clearly, there must be something going on with the format/structure, or
maybe just the way I'm using the tools, but I'm now way out of my depth. 
I'd even report it, if I knew who to report it to.

Anyways, I now have my edits in place so Thank You once again.

Regards, Andrew.

View this message in context:
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.