I use LibreOffice 3.4.5, and Opera 12.02 as a mail client, running Linux Mint
Debian Edition 201204. LibreOffice has a "send document as email" command.
Searching the web, I see it works fine with some other mail clients
(Thunderbird, etc.) on Linux. But when I try it, I get the error message:

"LibreOffice was unable to find a working e-mail configuration. Please save
this document locally instead and attach it from within your e-mail client."

The relevant configuration appears to be found at Tools - Options - Internet
- Email. I've tried "opera", "/usr/bin/opera", and  "/usr/bin/opera --remote
'openComposer(new-window)'" (all without the double quotes). All of the
above work from the terminal, and the latter (taken from Opera's
documentation) opens a new message composition window, but none make
LibreOffice's error go away.

Searching the web, this list, and LibreOffice's Get Help references turns up
nothing relevant.

I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know how to make LibreOffice and Opera Mail
play together?