On 09/15/2012 05:06 AM, Magnus Larsson wrote:
Hi!

I'm using Impress for a lot of presentations in various contexts (teaching, consultancy etc), but have recently found the organization of the clipart gallery difficult to use. Earlier, it was organized in themes, for instance, Business, People etc. Now, however, it is organized according to artist - so to be able to find some images of people, I need to browse through large parts of the gallery.

Anyone else experiencing this, or is it something strange with my setup? ANy ideas of how to get the theme-organization back, or to be able to search the clipart gallery for tags/keywords?

Ubuntu 12.04. Clipart installed as ubuntu package, openclipart-libreoffice 2.0-1ubuntu1.

Best,

Magnus Larsson

The problem is with the method the clip art is brought together in the package. The clip is organized by author, or so it seems. Having browsed through the gallery of this clip art and their names, I don't see a way to search for themes. I did see some words in the names of some of the clip art, but they were very specific such as the word shoe or shark. My personal opinion is that this clip art package is a huge headache in the making. As you noticed, installing the package removed the original gallery. I removed it after installing it. Now I have my original gallery which is theme organized. If I needed clip art now that the clip art package is removed, I would search for what I wanted. When I found it, I would create the themes needed and add the clip art to the appropriate theme.

--Dan