Hi Dave

First: I have uploaded example file:
http://minio.xt.pl/pliki/LO-3.6-crash-sample.ods
Feel free to share link with anyone who might be interested.

Second: I still could not crash LO this way. This means that either:
1. This is Mac-only bug (I could not reproduce because I am using Linux).
2. There is something wrong with your user setup.

Let's consider second alternative. To verify it, you must start LO on fresh
configuration. To do that, do one of following:
1. Create new system user. Log in as this user and launch LO.
2. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/libreoffice/3/ folder (I have heard that
there is "Go to folder" action in "Go" menu in Finder. Use it and paste above
path). You should see "user" folder there. Rename it to "user.bak". Then
launch LO. It will recreate "user" folder. When you finish, simply remove
"user" and rename "user.bak" back to "user".
3. Launch Terminal application and use this command:
   soffice -env:UserInstallation=file:///tmp/lo-userprof/
(it' safest to copy and paste it). It will launch LibreOffice with user dir
specified in /tmp/ directory (it will be removed on next boot).

When you have LO running on fresh configuration, open your example file and try
to reproduce crash.
If it crash, then this is likely bug in Mac-only version of LO. We would need
another user of Mac to verify it.
If it not crash, then there is something wrong with your default user
directory.

Either way, there are still things to do. But for know, please follow
instructions above and send us message with result (did it crash or not). Then
we will decide what's next.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski