       Thanks for informing the list;
           I'm interested in hearing further on Symphony?, as to where to
find it, what all it contains, ...

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

On 08/27/2012 02:39 AM, zig wrote:

I have a text file in format .rtf with a simple table. The file appears
the same in open office and word2003. But in libre office it is correct
only up to the beginning of the table, later on all the text is presented
in the last (very long!) column and it is unusable.
Is this a bug? Do I have some method to avoid the problem?
Thanks in advance
paolo maurenzig

LibreOffice 3.4.5
OOO340m1 (Build:502)

 RTFs are not the perfect solution the open-sourcers would like to think.
I edit a small newsletter, and I used to get copy from the publisher in rtf
format. Frequently the copy would spill over
the right-hand side of the page and be truncated. This would happen in OO,
LO, often Symphony, sometimes even WordPerfect (on Windows). If WP couldn't
read it, it was useless,
but the diddling around to make it work was a royal PITA.  (The files
originated in MSWord for Mac.)  Now I take the input in MSWord .doc (2003
or so edition) and Symphony reads them
fine. Symphony, altho a close cousin to OO and LO, is polished and
finished, and even tho it has a few glitches, I like it far better than
either OO or LO, which will probably never be
polished and finished.

--doug