I was told that there are "Security issues" with 3.4.6.

I download my version[s] of LO directly from LO's download pages, since it usually has the newest version[s] there well before the repositories do. For older distros of Linux, for me Ubuntu 10.04, you might never see anything newer than the 3.4.x line. I currently use 3.5.5 and have installed it on all of my systems that are not in storage.

Maybe you might want to see about downloading 3.5.5 and give it a try. You do not need to, but the 3.5.x line works better than 3.4.6, or at least for me it is.