On Sat, 2012-07-28 at 15:36 -0400, Dan wrote:
An example of an inner join:
"table1" INNER JOIN "table2" ON "table1"."foreign key"="table2"."primary key"

      Mathematically the following seems to be possible:
"table1" INNER JOIN "table2" ON "table1"."foreign key"=2*"table2"."primary key"

     Is the latter also an INNER JOIN? There seems to be other possible multipliers other
than 2. Also, what about inequalities? For example, wanting to see all the rows of data
for which the foreign key is less than the MAX, MIN, or Ave of the primary key. (These are
three suggested "ON expressions" for an INNER JOIN. Using greater than rather than less
than is another possibility.)

      I'm curious since I have a mathematical background. Any ideas?

--Dan

Absolutely
- or even odder things, often with a where

tbl1 as t1 inner join tbl2 as t2
on t1.ID = t2.FK
where mod( t2.ID,2 ) <> 0

back to watching men's floor exercise then..

//drew