Hi :)
+1
Searching is easier in a nice gui package manager such as Synaptic but if you have a good guide to
follow it's easier to copy&paste stuff.  I would tend to use the "--help" command before following
anyone's guidance tho uless i'm happy to hose the system and reinstall the OS.  For example

apt-get --help

would reassure me but

sudo --help

might have me worried so i would then have to find out more about the advice.

Which is better?  Command-line or nice gui?  My answer would have to be that i prefer each of them
for different circumstances and use both reasonably often.  I prefer using a point&click gui if i
can find one reasonably quickly.  Probably each person has their own preferences and none are
wrong.

Regards from
Tom :)