Thank you very much for this, this has at least fixed it so L.O. will at
least start up again so that is half the battle. I am still going to
have to install java 631 once I actually find it because L.O. definitely
does not like this java 7 update. If I try to enable accessibility it
says that this JRE is defective. Fortunately I may have the old
installer laying around somewhere.
-----Original Message----- From: Bjørn K Nilssen
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] latest java update has broken my
install ofLibre Office.
På Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:24:03 +0200, skrev Tom Randall <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
Well the subject pretty much says it, I got a notification there was
an update to Java, I believe it is java 7 update five. Once I did the
update my install
of Libre Office no longer works. As soon as I try to start the
program I get the standard windows 7 message about a problem has
caused libre office to stop working, Windows will close
the program, blah blah blah. I have tried repairing the install and
when that did not do anything I went so far as to remove the whole
install and re-
install Libre Office. Still no joy.
I am not sure if this is an accessibility problem or not, I do know
that the java update did totally screw my install of access bridge as
well and I
had to re-install that too. This is the first time I’ve ever had a
java update screw things up this way.
Needless to say I am not a happy camper, I depend on this program to
do paperwork for work here at home. Has anyone else had this happen
with this java update? I am
running the 32-bit version of windows 7. I have posted this to the
accessibility list too but am posting it here in case it is not
related to the
accessibility settings and is a general problem.
One user on the accessibility list suggested that I try putting the
java 631 version back on the system and see if that solves the
problem. I know the java folks don’t recommend you do things like
this but I’m frankly willing to if it will get this fixed for now. If
anyone has any other ideas on how to fix this or if you need more info
just let me know.
Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem here, running jre 7 on XP and installing the newest
The problem was fixed by removing javasettings_Windows_x86.xml (I actually
just renamed it to javasettings_Windows_x86.xm0) and then when I started
LibreOffice a new and correct version was created. The old xml file
contained info about the jre6, which was not there any longer.
Apparently LO 220.127.116.11 didn't detect the correct Java version when
upgrading from LO 3.4.xx.
That xml file was located inside \LibreOffice\3\user\config\ inside the
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy