På Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:24:03 +0200, skrev Tom Randall <kf6ddt@comcast.net>:

Hi all.
Well the subject pretty much says it, I got a notification there was an update to Java, I believe it is java 7 update five. Once I did the update my install of Libre Office no longer works. As soon as I try to start the program I get the standard windows 7 message about a problem has caused libre office to stop working, Windows will close the program, blah blah blah. I have tried repairing the install and when that did not do anything I went so far as to remove the whole install and re-
install Libre Office.  Still no joy.
I am not sure if this is an accessibility problem or not, I do know that the java update did totally screw my install of access bridge as well and I had to re-install that too. This is the first time I’ve ever had a java update screw things up this way. Needless to say I am not a happy camper, I depend on this program to do paperwork for work here at home. Has anyone else had this happen with this java update? I am running the 32-bit version of windows 7. I have posted this to the accessibility list too but am posting it here in case it is not related to the
accessibility settings and is a general problem.

One user on the accessibility list suggested that I try putting the java 631 version back on the system and see if that solves the problem. I know the java folks don’t recommend you do things like this but I’m frankly willing to if it will get this fixed for now. If anyone has any other ideas on how to fix this or if you need more info just let me know.
Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem here, running jre 7 on XP and installing the newest LibreOffice. The problem was fixed by removing javasettings_Windows_x86.xml (I actually just renamed it to javasettings_Windows_x86.xm0) and then when I started LibreOffice a new and correct version was created. The old xml file contained info about the jre6, which was not there any longer. Apparently LO 3.5.4.2 didn't detect the correct Java version when upgrading from LO 3.4.xx. That xml file was located inside \LibreOffice\3\user\config\ inside the <user>\AppData folder

--
Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas