Hi :)
WoooHooo!! :))  Congrats on fixing it.  Hopefully you can continue collaborating because LO and AOO
(or the older OOo) are kinda just different versions of the same program.  LO has a lot more
features and is a lot more streamlined and advanced but still fairly similar.

You can have both AOO and LO if you kinda subvert this guide a little
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
Congrats and regards from
Tom :)