Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

I am assuming you are talking about the "Data" tab for the report where there are "Content Type" and "Content" option lists. I tried it both ways with the same results. Originally, I was using the SQL command(s) the wizard created when I first created the report. Those SQL commands accessed the data directly without using a query. I then changed it to use the Query I created, so I could calculate the total cost based on the quantity and unit cost data and pass it to the report for printing. Both versions of the report performed about the same.

I am using the same query for my Calc version of the report and it imports the data in a few seconds. So, I don't think that is the bottleneck.
Thanks for your help.

Fernand Vanrie wrote:
 Girvin ,

You must know that ORB , when openning a report, first execute the SQL commands "saved" with the report, this can surrly takes some time, then you can give a new 'actual)set off SQL commands. Therefore we never safe the reports with real SQL commands, we just make a dummy command and so the reports are comming up match quicker.
Hope its helps


Andreas Säger wrote:
With LibO 3.5 under Linux I can use any recent Java version without any issues. I tested 1.6.22, 1.6.31 and 1.7. Any of these simply work with my Java databases. I avoid the report builder like illness. If you feel the need to dance with this software diva then you should do all calculations, filtering, grouping and sorting in SQL leaving the only good looking stuff up to the beast.

Thanks for your reply. Report Builder (RB) has always been a "beast" to me too, but it is the only option I know of for printing my database data in a human readable form. So, I have to live with it, at least until I find something better. Before Base, I was using Rekall, which had some nice features. But that Open Source version is no longer supported, so that option is dead. I am using a SQL query to sort and provide all the data to Report Builder. I am not using any RB grouping or filtering either. It is just a "flat" data set for RB to pretty up for printing. That is why I don't see why it is so slow. All the real time consumers, such as sorting, are being done by MySQL. Also, after writer displays my first page or two, it goes out to lunch again, as if it is recalculating everything all over again. That is frustrating, since it locks up and I have to wait several more minutes for another couple-second window where I can scroll or kill it before it goes off again. I will certainly take your experience to heart and your recommendation to update my Java.
Thanks again.

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.