fair enough but a) I had *deliberately *stated in this thread that it was
.ods and b) in the other thread I wasn't championing OOXML but lamenting
that others give it to me to work with. I'm no expert by far but I'm
actually pretty aware of the issues with OOXML vs ODF. I would never have
asked for help with an issue based on using a foreign file format without
saying so. With my simple needs, when people send me .doc .xls (this is
what I meant when i wanted to save in foreign formats), they have generally
worked fine.

With spreadsheets I just needs cells for ordering, the ability to merge and
resize the cells, and maybe some simple math (not often). I rarely deal
with graphs from other people ( my personal graphs start and end in LO),
and text formatting beyond compatible fonts almost never is an issue. Again
I (when working with others) never stray beyond a single sheet per document
or more than 100 cells in either direction.

With documents my needs can be more varied but I understand that they won't
come out right and I expect and accept that.

--
Wolfkin
http://about.me/wolfkin