Le 09/05/12 12:29, Dan Lewis a écrit :

Hi all,

     On the LO website, the native MySQL connector has been pulled for
all OS's until more work is done on it. But the sad thing is that there
is not enough people that can do the amount of work required for keeping
this extension updated as newer versions of LO are developed.

Yup, I pulled the plug - too much effort to maintain, too long to build
(at least on my workhorse Linux box), and too diverse a OS/bit
architecture scope, plus the fact that I had no hope of ever building it
for Windows.

The work to maintain is immense, and there are not enough people
willing, or simply able, to  build the connector against the stable
branch of LO, i.e. currently LO 3.5.x, and the future LO 3.6, in order
to test for incompatibilities that some of the new development features
might throw up.

Just building LO for Mac takes 4 hours on my OSX server when everything
goes smoothly. If for some reason the build fails, which it often does
when building from master, then it takes more than 12 hours.

On my Linux box, it systematically takes 2 days to complete the build.
I'm not prepared to mobilise my machine for that amount of time anymore,
because it essentially means I can't do anything else with it, and I
have other projects to engage in.

The situation will be even worse with the newly released AOOo 3.4,
unless someone starts building the connector, then it will start to no
longer work either. Apache can not build it within the confines of its
project for licensing reasons, and so it will have to rely on third
party volunteers doing those builds and providing the connector
separately. If the actual OOo mysql extension continues to work at all,
then it is sheer luck.

Alex